Family Lawyer in Burbank, CA
The city of Burbank in Southern California is known as the “Media Capital of the World”. Being located only mere miles from northeast Hollywood, Burbank is home to a number of leading media and entertainment companies including The Walt Disney Company, ABC Studios, Warner Bros. and NBC.
As of the 2010 census well over 100,000 residents called Burbank in Los Angeles County home. Out of the nearly 42,000 households, 43.8% were opposite sex married couples living together but 0.9% were same-sex married couples or partnerships living under the same roof. This number is only expected to increase as time passes.
Same-Sex Marriage Prenuptial Agreements Recognized in California
Once thought to be reserved for only the rich and famous, a growing number of couples are choosing to enter into a prenuptial agreement, including same-sex couples. Some of the key benefits include:
- Protecting your separate property
- Reducing conflicts should you choose to divorce
- Saving money should you choose to divorce
- Supporting your estate plan
- Establishing ground rules for deciding all future matters
- Clarifying any special agreements between you and your partner
Many couples fear introducing the idea of a “prenup” because they believe that their partner may mistake it as they not having trust in their relationship. However, many realize that a prenup can strengthen your relationship as it allows both partners to communicate about financial matters and ensure that they have a common goal before walking down the aisle.
Should You Get a Prenuptial Agreement?
Anyone in the state of California can enter into a prenuptial agreement with a future spouse, but it may not always be required. One scenario is if you are young, have little to no assets, and have not been married before.
If you have been married before, have children, and/or have valuable assets, then a prenuptial agreement is a good way to protect yourself financially in the event of a divorce. It will give you peace of mind and it will help with estate planning.
If you are in a same-sex partnership and are considering a prenuptial agreement, Whitmarsh Family Law, PC can help. We handle every aspect of your prenuptial agreement, from deciding whether a prenup is right for you, as a couple, to negotiating and drafting your prenuptial agreement.
We welcome your call today to speak to a same sex prenuptial attorney at (310) 552-3505.
Directions to our Los Angeles Family Law Attorneys From Burbank, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 29 mins
Total Est. Distance: 21.4 mi
- Head southwest on E Olive Ave toward N 1st St 2.3 mi
- Slight right onto W Alameda Ave 0.3 mi
- Use the right lane to take the State Route 134 W ramp to Hollywood Way Airport 0.4 mi
- Merge onto CA-134 W 1.7 mi
- Merge onto US-101 N 5.0 mi
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 19A to merge onto I-405 S toward Santa Monica 9.1 mi
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 55A toward CA-2/Santa Monica Blvd 0.2 m
- Turn left onto CA-2 E/Santa Monica Blvd 1.7 mi
- Turn right onto Century Park W 0.2 mi
- Turn left onto Constellation Blvd 0.2 mi
- Turn left onto Avenue of the Stars
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
1900 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90067