Family Lawyer in Culver City, CA
Culver City, named for real estate developer Harry Culver, is a city situated in the urban sprawl of Los Angeles, California.
The five-square-mile community has a rich history of entertainment production, and was the original home to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studios. That tradition continues today, with Sony Pictures Entertainment and National Public Radio West keeping headquarters in the city.
Culver City is home to nearly 39,000 people, including many families with children. Occasionally, family law matters may arise that require the assistance of a qualified family law attorney, including those related to child custody.
Child Custody in California
When it comes to family law, laws are decided on a state-by-state basis. In the state of California, there are specific laws in place regarding family law issues, such as disputes in child custody.
If a judge is investigating a child custody case in the state of California, they are required to consider – above all – what is in the best interest of the child. California law outlines two specific guiding policies regarding this:
- Children benefit from continued, frequent contact with both of their parents
- The primary concern must be the overall safety, health and welfare of child/children involved
It’s important to note that a judge will also need to consider any and relevant factors within the parameters of these policies, including the full scope of circumstances surrounding each parent and their ability to provide for the child.
California law also considers situations where a judge may deny custody or visitation, including those involving:
- A child that was conceived as the result of the father’s sexual assault against the mother, including rape cases
- Either one of the parents committing first degree murder of the minor child’s other parent
- Either one of the parents holding prior convictions for sexual or physical abuse against the child
State law also requires courts to consider the wishes of any child mature enough to make informed, intelligent choices regarding their own custody. Though the law does not clearly define a particular age, a judge may be more likely to consider a minor child’s opinion if they are of a more mature age.
Family Law Attorneys in Culver City
Are you or someone you love experiencing issues or disputes in child custody? It is not uncommon for such issues to arise during the course of the divorce process, but there are places to turn for legal help. In Culver City, there are family law attorneys who can assist you and your loved ones with reaching a custody agreement that meets the needs and best interests of the child.
That’s where the skilled legal team at Whitmarsh Family Law, PC comes in. Our firm specializes in family law matters, including child custody and timesharing, and can provide the legal guidance you need during this stressful time. We know how important family is to our clients, and that’s why we are committed to helping you and your loved ones find the best possible solutions to your case today.
As a convenience for new clients, we are happy to offer a complimentary initial consultation to help assess your case. To get started, call the family law specialists at Whitmarsh Family Law, PC today at (310) 552-3505.
Directions to our Los Angeles Family Law Attorneys From Culver City, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Culver City, CA
Total Est. Time: 12 mins
Total Est. Distance: 4.0 mi
- Head northwest on Duquesne Ave toward Culver Blvd
- Turn left at the 2nd cross street onto Washington Blvd
- Turn right onto Motor Ave
- Continue straight to stay on Motor Ave
- Use the middle lane to turn right onto W Pico Blvd
- Use the left 3 lanes to turn left onto Avenue of the Stars
- Destination will be on the right
Whitmarsh Family Law, PC located at:
1900 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1800 B
Los Angeles, CA 90067
We Also Serve The Following Areas: