Trusted High-conflict custody Attorney in Los Angeles
High-conflict custody cases are some of the most difficult and emotionally charged cases that family law attorneys handle. These cases can be long and drawn-out, and they can have a devastating impact on children. If you are involved in a high-conflict custody case, it is important to have an experienced and skilled Los Angeles attorney on your side.
At WHITMARSH FAMILY LAW, PC, we understand the unique challenges that high-conflict custody cases present. We have a proven track record of success in helping our clients achieve the best possible outcome for their children.
What is a High-Conflict Custody Case?
A high-conflict custody case is one in which the parents are unable to communicate or cooperate effectively with each other. This can lead to a variety of problems, including:
- Frequent arguments and disagreements
- Sabotaging the other parent’s relationship with the children
- Using the children as pawns in the divorce
- Refusing to comply with court orders
High-conflict custody cases can be very difficult for children. They may experience anxiety, depression, and behavioral problems. They may also have difficulty adjusting to the new living arrangements after the divorce.
Signs of a High-Conflict Custody Case
If you are involved in a child custody case, there are a few signs that indicate that it may be high-conflict:
- You and your ex-partner have a history of conflict and disagreement.
- You have difficulty communicating and cooperating with your ex-partner.
- You or your ex-partner use the children as pawns in the divorce.
- You or your ex-partner refuse to comply with court orders.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is important to talk to your attorney about your concerns.
How an experienced Los Angeles High-conflict Custody Attorney Can Help
An experienced high-conflict custody attorney can help you in a number of ways, including:
- Developing a parenting plan that meets the needs of your children and protects them from harm.
- Negotiating with your ex-partner to reach a settlement agreement.
- Representing you in court if necessary.
What to Expect in a High-Conflict Custody Case
If you are involved in a high-conflict custody case, you should be prepared for a long and difficult process. The court will want to make sure that the parenting plan is in the best interests of your children. This may require the court to order an evaluation of the children and/or the parents.
The court may also order mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution in an attempt to help the parents reach an agreement. If the parents are unable to reach an agreement, the court will make a decision about custody based on the best interests of the children.
Tips for Dealing with a High-Conflict Custody Case
If you are involved in a high-conflict custody case, there are a few things you can do to make the process easier for yourself and your children:
- Be patient and understanding. High-conflict custody cases can take a long time to resolve.
- Be prepared to compromise. It is unlikely that you will get everything you want in a high-conflict custody case.
- Put the needs of your children first. Remember that the court’s primary concern is the best interests of the children.
- Be honest and truthful with your attorney. Your attorney needs to know all of the facts of your case in order to represent you effectively.
Contact Our High-Conflict Custody Lawyers In Los Angeles Today.
If you are involved in a high-conflict custody case, it is important to have an experienced and skilled attorney on your side. At WHITMARSH FAMILY LAW, PC, we understand the unique challenges that high-conflict custody cases present. We have a proven track record of success in helping our clients achieve the best possible outcome for their children. Contact us our attorney for a free case review.